EpicsStory
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EpicsStory

EpicsStory Forums

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Алексей Навальный - проект Кремля
Sandwich's Game Master Application EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 4:00 am by Guest

» noclegi solina
Sandwich's Game Master Application EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:43 pm by Guest

» Dr Tak Internal Medicine
Sandwich's Game Master Application EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:27 pm by Guest

» When all is said as frugal as warez
Sandwich's Game Master Application EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:09 am by Guest

» centrum hotele
Sandwich's Game Master Application EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 3:48 pm by Guest

Sandwich's Game Master Application

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sandwich
Hackzor
Hackzor
Sandwich

Sandwich's Game Master Application Empty
PostSubject: Sandwich's Game Master Application   Sandwich's Game Master Application EmptyTue May 04, 2010 7:51 pm

I came here with one goal, to help the server out in anyway shape or form. I joined the forums and began to start browse the forum. As a 16 year old high school student, I feel like I already have an idea on how society works. As I delved deeper into the forums, I noticed small interesting chucks on information surfacing up. I pieced together what the idea behind EpicStory was… I was strangely attracted to the small and budding community. As a dedicated player in general, I look after the server in-game, take care of the community, and also enjoy my time socializing with friends.

My activeness is really dependant on my schedule, I am a dedicate person nonetheless. I usually am able to squeeze in at least three hours each weekday, and at least ten hours total on the weekends. I have an abundant amount of classes that I need to attend, but EpicStory will become my top priority. I promise that every single ounce of energy I put forth is not based on a selfish decision that revolves around me. I make decisions based on the potential benefit of the server. The game master position is an honor and job to uphold, and what truly sets me apart from others is my will and my drive. My Maple life is dedicated to only one server at a time, and I stay with a server till its death, there is nothing that can deter me from helping and shaping the community of EpicStory.

I have worked on three servers over my seven years of experience on private servers. On the first server, I was the top player a dedicated player. On the second server, I became so integrated as a player, I became a game master. However, the second server is where I truly found my knack, I became a kingmaker. I shaped people that I see as potential game masters into the position that they desire and deserve. Unfortunately, the server died. I found out that the server became only a shell of its former self. There was an incredible amount of corruption, some of the donations were spent on Nexon Cash, and the rest of the money was spent on a new bike. And finally, after all the sequential events, the server was closed unannounced. After the closing of the second server, I found the game master’s coder and his friend. They both decided to create another server, a place where I developed my philosophy on helping servers. I yet again became top player, reaching over 2000 rebirths. The owners knew everything I have done, and one day, they asked me if I wanted to become the game master of the server. I relinquished my character, deleting all my 2000 rebirths as dedication to the job. Every day was spent building on the community, everyone loved the server. I was then promoted to become the head game master of the server, the one who holds meetings for game masters and holds master events. However, shortly after I was promoted, the owner became bored of the MapleStory. He was planning on shutting down the server, but I stepped in. I rallied up a select portion of Maplers to slow down the progression of the fateful day. Unfortunately, the server did shut down. I vowed to not play on any other server… However, one day after submitting a vote to increase the amount of votes that server would get, I came across “EpicStory”. Right then I knew something was up, something was special. I checked the forums, looked at posts, and signed up. Little did I know that this was the server that had brought me back from my eternal sleep.

Right now, I am very fortunate to able to catch a great server in the making. The admin’s hard work on the server should not be wasted because he takes care of the coding, the forums, the developing community, and the hackers. I applaud this charisma and dedication to the job. The position as a game master is to relieve the admin’s huge load by helping in-game. Being a game master is a job, not some silly game that everyone “wants”. I am working towards the goal to make this server something more than just another server. I want to help make this server, the server. It will be a place where people thoroughly enjoy socializing and training. I did not want to resort to applying as a game master so soon, but the amount of shoddy applications seemed to drive me to create one to show them that being a game master isn’t a game. I want to help this server out. But of course, right now there isn’t a game client to play, but at least once the admin opens the server, I will start helping the server on day one.

A game master should be a professional, but not removed from the community, it is only logical that a game master takes care hackers and host events, but what I feel is lacking on most server is the connection between players. A game master hosts events to build the community, not for one’s own entertainment. Don’t we all want a sociable environment where everyone is not left out? It’s sad to think that there is an “aura” being a game master, if only this feeling of dominance and the power over the community could leave. I have am very opposed to this segregation between players and the game masters. I don’t want items that are “special” and “exclusive”, that isn’t the selling point of being a game master. I want to lead the community to a private server experience that they can not get from any other server.

As a game master, events, catching hackers, and socializing are a given. But I will also promise that the one thing I will focus on is increasing the size of our current community, making the forums an integral part of EpicStory, and also creating the safe and fun environment where everyone can thrive.
Back to top Go down
Admin
EpicsStory Admin
EpicsStory Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sandwich's Game Master Application   Sandwich's Game Master Application EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:03 pm

Amazing Application!! (Whoa took me 4 minutes to read the whole thing)
You look like a very smart person, have alot of experience, and are nice.
You'll become a GM when the game is up! Very Happy
Please be Patient,
Admin
Back to top Go down
http://epicsstory.tk
Sandwich
Hackzor
Hackzor
Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: Sandwich's Game Master Application   Sandwich's Game Master Application EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:21 pm

Thank you very much for considering my as a game master, your decision will not go to waste. I can't wait till I get started.
Back to top Go down
Admin
EpicsStory Admin
EpicsStory Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sandwich's Game Master Application   Sandwich's Game Master Application EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:52 pm

Sandwich wrote:
Thank you very much for considering my as a game master, your decision will not go to waste. I can't wait till I get started.
Alright then! I can't wait either. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sandwich
Hackzor
Hackzor
Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: Sandwich's Game Master Application   Sandwich's Game Master Application EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:55 pm

If this is going off topic, I will post something more relevant, but do you have a MSN by any chance? I can you mine to you via PM. I'd hate for there to be a disconnect of communication where the only way we can communicate is through the forum.
Back to top Go down
Admin
EpicsStory Admin
EpicsStory Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sandwich's Game Master Application   Sandwich's Game Master Application EmptyWed May 05, 2010 6:24 pm

In fact, I do! It is: EpicStoryv75@live.com
Back to top Go down
LolFailGee
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Sandwich's Game Master Application   Sandwich's Game Master Application EmptySun May 09, 2010 9:20 am

"Seven years of experience on private servers. " I don't quite understand that because see if you are talking about Maple PS then it doesn't add up because they came out only like 3-4 years ago. Can you clarify that for me?
Back to top Go down
Sandwich
Hackzor
Hackzor
Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: Sandwich's Game Master Application   Sandwich's Game Master Application EmptySun May 09, 2010 12:19 pm

Correct, I have been working on the coding language with friends to actually try to create a private server. We failed miserably though. It was a total independent project to try to create a Flash game...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sandwich's Game Master Application   Sandwich's Game Master Application Empty

Back to top Go down

Sandwich's Game Master Application
Page 1 of 1